Monday, July 6, 2009

Can Homebrewing save me money?

A question was posed to me today that has prompted me to want to write about! I was asked if homebrewing was really an economical option to reducing cost! My answer is absolutely! Folks you do not have to have the most elaborate set up to produce good quality beer! A basic easy homebrewing start up kit with at least a 5 gallon brewing pot can easily set you up to producing good quality beer for pennies on the dollar!

The initial set up of equipment will start paying for itself after about 5 batches of beer has been produced and for every batch of beer you produce you will have just over 48 bottles of beer which equates to two full cases each and every time you brew beer. After which each time you brew beer the only cost to you will be the cost of the actual beer kit which can range from as little as $16.00 to as much as $45.00 depending on the style of beer.

Now I ask you, where can you buy 2 cases of beer for $16.00? Not even the cheapest beer you could find on the market will be that cheap! Not to mention the beer you produce will be of a higher quality and much fresher than any beer you can buy off the shelf!

So in my favorite words "Happy Brewing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment